Gluten free chocolate and banana brownies
(Originally from adapted from https://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/recipes/gluten-free-chocolate-brownie/)
120g unsalted butter
100g light brown soft sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
80g gluten free flour
1 banana (ideally overripe)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
- Line an 8 inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper and lightly oil or butter the paper - an oil spray is ideal for this.
- Cut the butter into cubes. Put the chocolate and butter into a dish and stand over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the butter and chocolate have melted into a smooth, glossy sauce. Chop in banana and mash into the mix.
- While the chocolate is melting, whisk the sugar and eggs with an electric whisk for 4-5 minutes until they have thickened; add salt and fold through.
- Sift in the flour and fold through.
- Finally, fold through the melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before lifting the brownie out of the pan. Allow to cool completely (in fridge to aid structural integrity?).
- Once cold, cut into 16 squares and store in an airtight container.