Sweet potato, chickpea, spinach and almond korma
(Originally from ???)
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 tin chickpeas
1/3 bag spinach
handfull flaked almonds
1 clove garlic
a squeeze lime
250ml coconut cream
small amount butter/oil
for two rice
lots lime pickle
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into small chunks. Coat in oil/butter and 1/3 of spices. Roast slowly until al dente. add almonds towards the end to lightly brown.
- Lightly fry onions and garlic in 1/3 of spices, when soft but not brown remove 1 table spoon of onions, and place to one side with remaining spices, lime, and chilli flakes to taste.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato, and coconut cream to frying onions.
- Cook rice with 1/3 almonds
- To main curry add remaining almonds and spinach.
- 30 seconds before serving stir in onion lime spice mix.
- Serve curry and rice with lime pickle.