More than lemon cake
(Originally from Family recipe)
1oz flour (any!)
- Cream butter with the grated rind of 1 lemon and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix the yolks of 2 eggs with flour. Add the juice of the lemon and gradually stir in milk.
- Whisk the egg whites with clean whisks, fold them into the mixture and mix it all together.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and place the dish in a roasting pan with an inch of boiling water in the pan (i.e. bain marie).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F/180C for 40 to 45 minutes.