(Originally from Family recipe)
2 cloves garlic
50g ginger coarse chopped
1 lime (juice)
6-7 curry leaves (hard to find, but worth it)
1tsp dried cumin
5 cardomum pods
10 tomatoes, cored, split in two (you don’t use the middles, I feed mine to Elle)
75g creamed coconut dissolved in 5-6 tbsp boiling water
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli, cumin, cardomum pods (in tact).
- Stew, lay tomatoes on top skin side down.
- Salt the tomatoes.
- Spoon the coconut cream over the tomatoes.
- Leave the pan on a low heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes
- As the tomatoes start to soften baste them with the sauce which should be collecting in the pan.
- The tomatoes should remain in shape and the sauce should separate.
- Once the tomatoes are very soft, mix the whole thing up and serve with rice/naan bread/whatever you like!